Tuesday, July 5, 2011

TIL


Today I learned (well, in all honesty it was Sunday) that my little desk I bought for 1$ at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago, has more to it! It is a Saginaw desk, extensol desk to be exact, and opens up to 7 feet long!! Of course I didn't have the leaves for it, so my dear husband cut me some out of wood that was in the shop when we moved here. So, for still that 1$, I have a table for when the gals come over to scrapbook.


What an amazing find!!!!

So, over the weekend, I had a yard sale, realized my table got HUGE, transferred all my pictures from my old laptop to my new one (finally!), bbq'd for 4th of July, took some phenomenal pictures of fireworks, and was outside just long enough to burn my shoulders. So it was pretty much a successful weekend! I am really glad I got my pictures transferred. There were so many I wanted to scrapbook, but hated dragging out the old laptop to get them.

So, it's Tuesday night, and I just finished my weekly sketch from Let's Scrap a little bit ago. I have been pushing my luck lately. Hopefully now that the holiday and yard sale are over I can get a lot more scrapping done!! Anyway, here's the sketch from Let's Scrap
http://api.ning.com/files/0WXMY0RUH-cAP9-O6DsT4yE*GU*zg4hGsP0Hbvr29IyHE-SM0FVhvSuQTCjFjyg*sxDtDQjwqmgzjZavaxtZIx5m7gN0ujZZ/Sketch.JPG

and here is what I did.


I didn't have any cardstock with camera's, etc, so I figured the gears would work. It is from the Tattered Time stack, which I am in love with!! The "cheese" is a family joke of sorts. If you see a pic with someone with a huge grin, then they are "Mayor McCheese" lol! I used some old film I have been carrying around for years and put a vellum quote on it and put it into an envelope I cut from a stencil.
I was short on embellishments, so I had to be creative! The camera on the right side page

was my first attempt at paper piecing. I found the pattern on www.scrapbooksetc.com, for free! Not bad for a first shot and it was a great way to get an embellie I didn't have.

Like I said, I am trying to get some scrapbooking done this week. I still haven't heard anything about the Design Team at Let's Scrap yet, but it is still pretty early. I would like to get some more pages done so they have something to look at, lol!! That, and I just REALLY need to get a few more pages done for my brother's book before we head there.

Well, I better get my sketch posted, so sweet dreams to all, including me soon!
Cheers!
~Mindi

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic layout Mindi, I just love your title and your paper pieced camera is great. I really like how you put a real film strip on the layout, I'm going to have to give that idea a try.

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena