Sunday, June 26, 2011

What a great weekend

So, I hope everyone is having as good of a weekend as I have!! All day Wednesday and Thursday I spent re-arranging my "crack" room. Our Aunt gave us some old cupboards so I swapped them for a dresser I had in here. Much better storage solution. I also traded out some other shelving I had. I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

Then Friday I hosted another Wine, Scrap & Chat. It was a good time for all. I did a little less wine drinking, a lot more scrapping and about the same amount of chatting this time. :) I actually got something accomplished this time. This page
This was a Let's Scrap challenge, for the scrap your stash group. Challenge 10 was to use pre-made flowers, bling it up and use pre-made journaling. I put the journaling on the back, because I felt it was private for me and Susie. That and she wanted to hang it, and I didn't want her to have to look at my handwriting on something to remind her of her beautiful mother. She let me scan the photo of her mom, which is her Sophomore school picture. The sheet music was from as pile her mother had, which means a lot to her. We actually figured out the roman numerals (googled it lol) and the page is from 1907, just amazing!! I didn't want to cut it, so I folded it to  make a pouch of sorts. I had Susie's guidance throughout the process for her mom's favorite colors, etc.

Yesterday Susie and I went to garage sales. I just really enjoy spending time with her, we had a great time! I got this solid wood desk for 1$.

The black file cabinet I already had, and it barely squeezed by a fart under the desk!! That was the deciding factor if the desk would get to stay or not. Obliviously it fit and the desk stayed! I promise to do a post of my room soon, I would just really, really like to try to do some scrapping today :) I will give a sneak peek.

This is my flower storage

These jars are from several many different yard sales. The 2 largest jars were 50cents and 1$. The tall jar middle row left was 10cents!! The rest were any where from 10cents to 50cents. You just have to know what you are looking for when you leave, and you can find at least one jar at any yard sale! The shelves are from Michael's, purchased as a 3 pack with a 40% off coopin.

I am so ready to scrap, so for now, Cheers!
~Mindi

1 comment:

  1. What a great challenge, and even better layout! I know your BFF will be pleased! I am so impressed by your organizational skills! I have all my flowers in one medium-sized glass bowl. I guess I never thought I had enough to separate them by color, but I love how it looks in your room! Cool desk, too!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena