Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Scrap Africa challenge 16

Good morning all! I was feeling frisky and wanted to try something new. My friend Elizna Parsons suggested I play along with the current Scrap Africa challenge which can be found HERE.
As I was reading the challenge, I figured b&w photos, easy enough, triangles, also pretty easy, and then the confetti! Oh dear, what do I do with confetti???? So I started the page with the hopes that an idea for that fun little element would come to me. At the very end, it did! Whew!





Firstly, I have to say....I have had these 2 photos and the idea for the title picked out for about 6 years from when I first started scrapping. The photos aren't great, as my mom took them and well, she wasn't the world's greatest photographer, but she took tons of photos anyway! Bless her heart! I say a blurry picture is better than no picture! Anyway, for some reason I thought of these pics as soon as I read the challenge. So thank you for inspiring me to FINALLY do this page!

Requirements for the challenge
~black and white photos- 2 of them
~triangles-the banner
~confetti-across the ribbon and one at the top by the small banner

Supply list
background brown stock-unknown stash
teal stock-The Paper Studio Meadow Night stack
banner stamps-CTMH Chantilly Workshop
corner stamp-Tim Holtz Nature's Elements
harlequin stamp-Tim Holtz French Market
words behind harlequin- Tim Holtz Urban Grunge
ribbon-American Crafts
scrolls-image on internet, used SCAL with Mark-its on my Cricut
drama faces-image on internet, printed and colored with EK Memory pencils and Zig Markers
Inks- Versacolor Lagoon blue, Bark, Pinecone, Turquoise and Distress Ink vintage photo

Thanks for looking and have a super great day!
~Cheers!
Mindi


7 comments:

  1. Love your layout , I am also busy working on one in blues and browns and am hoping to have it finished in time to join in the challenge. Love the way you have raised the harlequin image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Mindi :-D :-D And thank you for playing along with the challenge ;-)
    Love your layout !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of your LO with the photos and the tell tale title!!! Thank you for using a Scrap Africa challenge to finally scrap your photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mindi...so awesome that you have come to play along with us! Such precious photo's and love the sentiment...so cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mindi!!!! Words cannot express my thanks to you for taking part in my challenge. I really do appreciate it!! Your layout is just GORGEOUS. Rene' from Scrap Africa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those adorable photos, i have many just like it and lets face it we aren't all professional photographers. Each one still shares a memory. Your choice of colour is fantastic it really is one of my fav colours at the moment!!!TFS with us at Scrap Africa:)

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena