Saturday, April 13, 2013

DCWV April Stack a holic Template Challenge

Good morning all. Wait, it is 12:03 here. Good afternoon all!
It has been quite awhile since I have played along with a DCWV monthly challenge, but I saw this month's sketch and was immediately inspired!

How fun is that???

I have been watching my friend Heather's show almost every morning (you can catch up on episodes here) She has so many neat ideas and tricks! So between the awesome sketch and some serious motivation from Heather, this is my take on it

I used the Black Currant stack and a little bit of the Glitzy Glimmer stack (which is fab!!) Since I have my new "magic glasses" I can actually see what I am doing without taking off my glasses and squinting. So, I was feeling sassy and spent 2 days fussy cutting for this layout. All the flowers and flourishes are cut from pieces of the stack. I did use my Cricut for the title work. Then I had to add tons of rhinestones and some liquid pearl dots. I didn't realize until later, when everything was dry, that I had smudged one :( Oh well, adds character!

The Adult prom, well that was beyond a blast! We went to dinner with our 2 friends and then met up with more friends at the Prom. It was an amazing time!! They are supposed to be doing them yearly, which would be great! It is hard to find a reason to dress up fancy and go out!

Lots to do around here today, so off I go!
Cheers!
~Mindi

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout, Mindi, and what a FUN night that must have been! Always fun to get dressed up for a night out with hubby :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena