Wednesday, March 27, 2013

2 more done!

I finally got a couple more layouts done for my jumbo gigantic wedding album! These photos do not do any justice to either of these layouts, as bling and shimmer just doesn't photograph well.

This page was started at the first crop on January 26th! Yikes Mindi!! Glad to have it done!
Here's what I used
Let's Scrap sketch 12-26-12
Silver sparkle paper SU!, the rest of the papers are stash
Bling is all from Michaels in there awesome dollar bins
border punch EK Success, ribbon that is ran the holes is Offray, the white ribbon in the back is The Ribbon Boutique
Family Stamp is Inkadinkado Vintage Expressions
Other stamps are CTMH Potential and Notice the details
grommets are Making Memories

This layout was started way before the previous. I could just never get it to go any where. I wanted a way to shadow the triquerta, but could never get it to look right. I went thru about 10 different sets of background papers. Then again the inspiration came! From two different places. The first being Val's make your own background challenge and the second being from Heather's Kraaft Shaak show from yesterday where she was masking with her stamping and misting.

The page seems kind of plain at first look, but there are a lot of details that went into it. The background start out as plain silver-ish cardstock. The rolling stamp is Love Swirls from SU!. I used graphite glimmer mist and masked off the 2 triquerta's and added glossy accents to the one in the bottom left. The picture on the bottom right was cut with my Sizzix into layers with shimmery white cs in between. I printed our handfasting ceremony onto vellum and hand stitched it on the page. I masked it off also when I was misting the page. The tiny envie is handmade with a key tag covered in the graphite glimmer mist as a closure. It has a secret note for my honey in it. I used Let's Scrap sketch 11-4-09 as inspiration for the photo layout. The title, oh boy, the title! I used the DCWV Adhesive fabric stack and used my Cri-kits gel pen to write it. Then I tried to cut the letters out. I wasted a sheet trying to find the sweet spot to where it would cut but not pull it off the backing. I never did find that sweet spot, so if anyone has successfully cut this stuff on their Cricut, please comment and let me know which settings you used! I gave up and fussy cut the letters by hand and then painted them in with Perfect Pearl colored perfects pearls with a bit of water. I love the end result of the fabric letters, just turned into way more work than I expected.

So many more projects to do, so I better get on it!


  1. Gorgeous layouts with special memories. Love the design papers.
    {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

  2. my jaw is on the floor! I seriously am impressed with your work!!! WAY TO GO MINDI!!!!!
    both of these layouts are just stunning!!!!

  3. Gorgeous indeed, Mindi! So frustrating when the Cricket doesn't perform as you want it to...I have a love-hate relationship with mine. I bet the adhesive is tricky. ha, ha, ha...I have no doubt that the layouts are dripping with shimmer & bling, even though photos never quite capture that correctly. Hugs!

  4. Beautiful work Mindi! Love the background work!



Made by Lena