Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Anniversary...

My hubs and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary on March 19th and I wanted to make a super special card for him. I dabbled with gesso, distress inks, distress stains (which are new to me) and even some embossing.
The tag was inspired by my dear friend Heather at Kraaft Shaak and the video she did that had a tag done in the same fashion. By inking a craft mat, spritzing water and dragging the tag thru, you get this great marble look. I used Barn Door distress ink and Brushed Pewter distress stain for this tag. The background was done almost the same way with Black Soot and Barn Door distress inks. The harlequin patterned stencil is from TCW and the gesso is Pro Art. The tissue tape and clock stamp are Tim Holtz. The "love" stamp is from Glitz but I had to stamp it in halves so it would fit right on the tag. I used Versamark ink and Pewter Perfect Pearls. The brads are stash that were white so I heat embossed them with black.

He of course loved his card and we had a wonderful anniversary.

I have lots of work to do, so until next time!
Cheers!
~Mindi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena