Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Stack-a-holic time again!!

For those few of you that follow me, you have probably figured out that I love to participate in the monthly challenges from the DCWV blog!!
Here is the sketch this month from Susan at Sketch Savvy


Super cute huh? So, this is what I did
If the title looks familiar, then you know of the Fray, since this is the title to one of their hits. I used Roulien's awesome tutorial from Let's Scrap to use a corner punch to make the beautiful circle. I ripped the edges of the cream cardstock and inked with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink just a little to make them pop. The flower is 4 circles cut from the corners of the sheet from the Once Upon a Time DCWV stack that was left after making the big circle. I chalked the inside of the flower since it was not a double sided cardstock. The button is vintage from some stuff I got from Granny's house. I also put a little glitter on 2 of the petals and a smidge more on the edges of the mat of the kitty picture. The title was cut with my Cricut using my SCAL and CK Beauty font that I got on Free Font Friday from Creating Keepsakes. Here is a closer pic of the flower and circle.


So, the touching story that goes with these pictures. The little kitty Queso had to go to the vet and have her girly bits taken care of. She was knocked out completely for a couple hours after she got home. The vet reccomended that since there was a dog and another cat in the home, to leave her in the carrier until she was moving around on her own. Our boxer Aoife (pronounced EE-fa) was very concerned about her little friend. She layed there for hours. Every time Queso would wiggle, she would jump to attention and make sure everything was alright. When the other cat Floki came within 10 feet, Aoife chased him away. It was the most precious show of affection and concern between animals. In my opinion, completely worth scrapping!

Thanks for looking and have a great evening!!
Cheers!
~Mindi

2 comments:

  1. Well, Ms. Mindi, I am not sure which is better, the layout or the story that goes with it. Both are precious! You did such a great job with your corner rounder creating the outside edge of that circle. It's just perfect! What a great sketch, too. I need to check this out, especially since I just bought ANOTHER DCWV "stack" today (please don't tell anyone on LS!) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely project hon, im returning the follow :-) i cant wait to see more of your projects.
    scrappingmamma

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena