Saturday, November 26, 2011

My little project

So, instead of working on the cards I am supposed to be, I was making a ribbon holder yesterday and this morning.
I have came to the conclusion that I am not a millionaire, nor is my husband LOL.  So I decided instead of ordering 3 of the Cropper Hopper ribbon holders that I wanted, I would make one. I used some cardboard boxes, packing taper, a sacrificed skirt that I purchased at a thrift store and lots of tacky glue. It is about 30 inches long and holds lots of ribbon spools. I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out, and for only the $1.25 for the skirt. I am also making some other smaller boxes with other random black and white fabric, and I will post pics when I get them all finished. You really don't have to spend a lot of money to get creative, cute and functional storage, but having a lot of free time on your hands is helpful. :)
Cheers!
~Mindi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena