Friday, April 27, 2012

Some progress

So we are making progress. There is a lot to do, but things are moving along. I have a few more pics of what is going on.

 Mike was working on this and his saw battery died. I got the call from the bank to go sign papers and when I got home he had it up! :)

 New lights, YAY!! I love them!


"my room" all cleaned out

Covering up the awesome dark blue with glow in the dark stars
Mike putting up the wall. the window is gonna be huge! I will have my main desk placed so I will be looking out the window. Nice change from the room I have now, where the window is small and almost on the ceiling. You can see my huge desk is already in the room. Much easier to build it in then try to smash it in later (yes, I know, slightly red neck, but work smarter not harder) LOL


Mike peeking from on the roof removing the old chimney

The inside chimney removal

This is what it ended up looking like. Besides that it was just a hunk sticking out of the wall, we knew it leaked from somewhere. After Mike got the brick down, he found where it had been wet, and he had to take a bunch of sheet rock.

Of course, had to thrown in an adorable AWWWWHHH for the day. This little pup loves his mommies elephant toy. He always cuddles with it!

It was raining here, now it is snowing. Not going to be a lot progress for today at least. Totally fine with me, I really do need a day to sit and relax and let my old, sore muscles heal!

Cheers!
~Mindi

4 comments:

  1. Mike is doing such a great job! You're smart to put the desk in first! LOVE your new lights! Thanks for sharing this...inquiring minds want to know...
    xo -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it is coming along great Mindi. Love the new lights and the big window is going to make it so much brighter in there. Won't be long now before you open. The puppy and the elephant are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great!!! You must be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking up on old friends, Mindi, and found these great photos of your progress toward TODAY! Would love to see the finished space when you have time to get out that camera! I am just thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena