Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DCWV October Stack-a-Holic Sketch Challenge

Good morning everyone!! I have had to deal with sick kids for the last 2 days, so the quiet house is a nice break! That also means I have time to post my challenge that I got finished!

This is for the DCWV October Stack-a-Holic challenge. Susan at Sketch Savvy provided this great sketch

I used the Downtown Loft stack and really enjoyed doing this page. It seems like drinking coffee and  hangin out is what Susie and I do best! :) All of the coffee cups are embossed as well as the quote at the bottom. I inked some of the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in Vintage photo. Some of the other edges are sanded and I added the 2 cute red coffee cup brads. I cut "coffee" out of a sheet of the stack and left it to look like old school collage style. I remember cutting up magazines when I was in high school like that all the time!! Brings back a lot of memories, and really it was the begining of my addition to scrapbooking! LOL

Well, since I have a quiet house, I am going to take advantage. Gonna get my room tidied, and work on  some Christmas cards hopefully :) Hope everyone has a great day!!
Cheers!
~Mindi

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work, thanks for sharing!
    Hey, Pixie Dust Paperis is having a giveaway, please come join in the fun!
    http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great BFF layout! Love the coffee color palette, too! Thanks for sharing your great talent--you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena