Sunday, September 4, 2011

Helldorado Town - Tombstone, Arizona Territory

I have to put Arizona Territory, cuz it tickles me. The tour guide we had while we were there, and now friend of ours, called Arizona that. It just kind of stuck. This is a layout I just finished for this weeks sketch at Let's Scrap. I blurred the picture of Mike just because I thought it may be in bad taste for a public site. BUT this is my blog, and I think it is funny and all meant as harmless fun.

Anyhow, here is the Let's Scrap sketch for the week (hurry over, you have until Tuesday at Midnight if you want to play along)


and here is my take on it

We named the jailbird "Bob" just because it seemed to fit LOL The cowboys at Helldorado Town put on a good show. The cowboy in black with the black hat was actually an extra in the movies "Tombstone" and "Brokeback Mountain". As it says in the journaling, this is the first activity we did when we got to Tombstone. The cowboy with the light shirt on was standing out on the corner selling tickets for the show. He is a really nice guy and we chatted a bit, then his cell phone rang. He said it was his "cowboy communicator". LOL The mini cowboy hat and bandana are Jolee's and the cowboy boot is an old metal pin I found at a yard sale. The border above the pictures is an old leather shoelace.  
I have been super tired the last couple days, been trying to catch up on some sleep while the kids are visiting their grandparents. Have a great Labor day weekend everyone!
Cheers!
~Mindi

5 comments:

  1. Love your layout Mindi, looks like a fun place to visit. Hope you are able to catch up on your rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Mindi, that looks like too much fun for one day! I love how you've recycled so many things and given them new life in this fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool layout Mindi! We passed through there once but it was a very hot day and we were on our way to somewhere else so we didn't stay, looks like fun!

    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I love that you used recycled materials! This is so fun and fabulous and the pictures are so awesome! Thank you so much for posting my giveaway :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena