Monday, August 8, 2011

PageMaps BasicGrey-Flourishs card contest entry

So, in comparison to how many pages I do, I make a tiny amount of cards. I am not sure why, because I always enjoy doing them. Since I am heading out to my brother's house in 2 days, I thought it fitting I make an anniversary card for his oldest son who was married August 17 (not sure the year, 2002 maybe?). Anyhow, the date is special to the family because that is the day my father passed away in 1995. My nephew got married on that date as a tribute. It is a wonderful sentiment. Long story straight, here is the card I made using the supplied PageMaps sketch for the challenge.

The inside sentiment says "May your love always be as strong and exciting as on your wedding day"
I have had the Paper Dolls Cricut cart for almost 2 years and never used it until now. Not sure why, because I had a blast! I stamped the bouquet, added bling to the tiara, and gave the groom some silver buttons and cuff links! It was like being a kid again! I will def be using it again soon. I also added some glitter to the flower and the stamped flourish is actually a chrome silver color.

Well, thanks for stopping by and wish me luck! I will certainly have adventures from our vacation when we get back!

Cheers!
~Mindi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena